Building castles in the sky.
No Man’s Sky, the ambitious open-space exploration game in a procedurally-generated universe, just received a massive update appropriately named NEXT.
It brings a whole bunch of changes and additions across the board, most notably:
– Option to switch between first and third person view at will
– Visual upgrades to ships, NPCs, buildings, terrain textures, space vistas – pretty much everything
– You can now build far more complex bases anywhere on the planet
– Build your own fleet, upgrade it, and send it out or keep it close while exploring a system
The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:
“From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man’s Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.
However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline.
For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.
We appreciate your immense support and patience.
– Hello Games & GOG.COM Team“
Source:: GOG – Good Old Games