The foundation for even bigger changes.
No Man’s Sky, the first-person game of limitless space exploration that everyone’s been talking about, has just received a massive free update to version 1.1 called the Foundation Update! If you haven’t checked the game out yet, now is a good time to jump in, taking advantage of the 40% discount.
The game got off to a rocky start but developers Hello Games say that since its release they have been processing all the feedback and this update “is putting in place a foundation for things to come”.
Here are some of the most important improvements it brings:
– Explorers can now decide to play with different rule sets across three game modes: the Normal mode, the Creative mode and the Survival mode.
– You can claim your home planet by finding an uninhabited base and creating your own, fully customized outpost.
– Inside your base you can grow and harvest crops, and research plant types with the new Farming system.
– You can now deploy automated harvesters that keep gathering resources from nodes. Waypoints can be placed to track points of interest and you can also leave sub-space messages for other travelers to find.
– If you can afford them, you might want to purchase interstellar Freighters that you’ll be able to summon from anywhere in the galaxy. You can even use the new recruitment system to outfit your Freighter with an Engineer, a Farmer, and a Weapons or Science specialist that will conduct research for you.
– Big and small improvements in the UI and graphics, including a quick menu to access important items.
Source:: GOG – Good Old Games